Benefits of Handmade Soap
There are so many amazing benefits to using handmade soap, here are 5 major benefits:
1. INGREDIENTS are chosen for a purpose, with every ingredient adding specific qualities to the final soap. Our handmade soaps are made with luxurious botanical ingredients which are chosen for their cleansing, lathering and skin conditioning properties and we select plant oils and butters that are naturally rich in antioxidants, vitamins and nutrients that are essential to healthy skin. Our soaps are also palm free, vegan friendly and planet safe. We can’t count how many times customers have told us that handmade soap has not only improved their skin, but changed their lives by relieving them of itchiness, dryness and skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis and acne. Everyone wants healthy skin and switching to daily use of handmade soap is the best place to start. If you need help finding the right soap for your needs, don’t hesitate to ask us or your local soap maker questions. We all take pride in our soap and are always happy to share our knowledge with you.
2. REAL SOAP made by hand is the ‘real deal’ unlike the mass produced commercial stuff available at supermarkets, which are chemical cocktails made from detergents and downright disturbing synthetic ingredients that dehydrate and age skin, cause allergic reactions and have been linked to various forms of cancer. One of the most appealing aspects of handmade soap is that no harmful or unnecessary synthetic ingredients are added to make it – it’s just PURE SOAP.
3. GLYCERINE isn’t added to a handmade soap recipe, it’s created naturally as part of the soap making process! Glycerine is a precious emollient that softens and maintains water balance by attracting moisture to your skin. It’s proven to be so beneficial to your skin that it is extracted from commercial ‘soap’ and reserved (or sold) for use in expensive skin care, hygiene and pharmaceutical products. Handmade soap retains all of its natural glycerine glory and produces a rich and luxurious lather that is unparalleled to any other.
4. NO HARM to humans, animals or the planet. You can be assured that no humans were harmed, impoverished or subjected to sweat shop working conditions in the process of making handmade soap. No communities or natural habitats were laid to waste by the run off from large chemical factories and we don’t use lab animals to test our products. I think I speak for all handmade soap makers when I proclaim that we have the utmost respect for the earth and all of its creatures. Reverence to a kinder way of living is a big part of why we do what we do.
5. VARIETY is the spice of life and handmade soaps certainly won’t disappoint! No matter what your skin type or personal preferences, there is a soap maker out there who is creating just what your skin and senses crave at bath or shower time. Not all handmade soap are alike and there are an infinite number of ingredient combinations, fragrances, visual artistry, colours and variety for you to choose from. Have fun shopping around or chatting with a soap maker next time you visit your local market, homewares or online stores.
Handmade soaps, made in South Australia
Now that you know what makes handmade soap so special, be sure to check out all of our handmade artisan soaps. We make our soaps the old-fashioned way using both hot process and cold process soap making techniques to produce a beautiful bar of soap that will naturally cleanse, nourish and moisturize your skin. Each batch of soap is created from scratch using high quality, luxurious botanical ingredients that are selected for their cleansing, lathering and skin conditioning properties.
If you’d like a sneak peak into how we make soap, click here to view a 2 minute YouTube video on the making of our “Barista Soap” using the hot process soap-making method..
At Etc & Co, we are dedicated to ‘bringing the bar back’ and helping people discover the joy of happy and healthy skin just as nature intended it to be!